Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I started an epidemic...

I became ill very late Sunday night with what we thought was food poisoning. I was supposed to take Connor into the doctor for his high fever but could not even move at all on Monday. Connor was an angel for me while Eric was at work. I plopped him in bed with me and he played and fell asleep when he became tired.
I took Tuesday off work to finish recovering and we finally took Connor in to the doctor for what was now a rash. Turns out he has Roseola and will be good as new in a week or so.
I went to bed early Tuesday night to make sure I would be 100% Wed. morning for work only to wake up at 1A.M. to a husband violently vomiting in the bathroom and a baby screaming for his mommy while vomiting in his crib (this literally happened all at once). I cleaned up Connor and made sure Eric was ok and we all went back to bed only to wake up three hours later to them both doing it all over again at the same time. Poor Connor was so helpless and scared.
I am now under the assumption that my food poisoning was the stomach flu and I have now passed it to my family. I ended up taking today off work to take care of the clan and I must say that I am sort of annoyed that I had it SO BAD for almost three days and both Eric and Connor are doing much better after just 10 hours. I am glad they are feeling better but I was bed ridden and they are on the couch watching Blues Clues.
I love my sick men and I must say I love the fact that I am no longer feeling like that.

1 comment:

SeekerofGrace said...

Ugh. Sorry you're all sick. It's funny how men always recover faster, lol. My doc said that the stomach flu bug always starts out as food poisoning but then you can pass it on to others... maybe that's what happened.