Thursday, July 9, 2009

700 pounds just lifted off of my shoulders....

This will be very brief and I will update in details as we know more info but, Connor's pediatrician just called a bit ago and said she got the preliminary report from the hospital regarding Connor's MRI. As far as Leukodystrophy is concerned, it is NEGATIVE. Those were the best words I have EVER HEARD in my life. I started smiling and bawling my eyes out. Eric looked at me and new immediately that our son was not going to lose all of the skills he is learning now and he too started crying. This was the news we prayed for each night in the weeks leading up to this test.
The doctor said the real results will be received in a day or two and we will find out then what is really going on with his little brain but they are certain it is not Leukodystrophy.
I honestly cant tell you how awful I have felt the last few weeks knowing that I might lose my child by the time he is ten. I hope I never have to know that feeling again and I feel for anyone who has had to go through this.
I thank God for my child every day and as of tonight he just became even more wonderful than he was this morning.
This is the best day EVER.
Now if we can just get going with the genetics doctor things really will look up.

14 comments:

Kelly said...

OK now I am sitting here crying right along with you. Thank you so much for letting me share in this journey. I know I have never met you or Connor, but I know what a special little boy he is, and I know, and I have no idea how, that there are great things in store for him. I am so happy for your news! Yay!!!

Hugs,

Kelly

erinleighirish said...

OMG.... I am SO relieved for you :)

The Potty Mouthed Mommy said...

so now that i am crying tears of joy for you guys and phil thinks im crazy. YAY!!!!!!!! Oh i am so happy.

Korie said...

That is such good news! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that everything continues to go so well for your adorable little man! :)

Bridget said...

I am sharing tears of joy with you guys. You are an awesome mom.

HstryQT said...

What a blessing! I'm so glad to hear that you finally received good news - and the best good news you could get! ::Hugs::

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

I cant tell you how good my nights sleep was last night. Connor slept great too. Such a relief. Hopefully they will call us today with the final results and tell us everyone is a ok.

Anonymous said...

I am at my desk crying. I am so beyond happy for you. You deserved this wonderful news. It's only UP from here on out!

Anonymous said...

sh!t..I have to be anonymous at work!
its me-march mama heather

Antonia (Birdie & Bee) said...

I have been thinking of you guys a lot these past few days and am overjoyed to hear that Connor's results came back negative re the Leukodystrophy. This is just the best news ever and i'm so relieved for you.

You guys are doing such an awesome job with Connor and he seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds recently. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys always...xxx

lepianiste said...

Wow, tears here too. The best news I've heard in a LONG time. The prayers are working! :-)

PS - This is Desiree from WTE - for some reason it's posting as my hub's account.

April said...

oh, Sarah!!! I am SO happy for you!!!! This is fantastic news!!!

The Turkstra's said...

I am so incrediably happy for you guys! Prayers have been answered!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! That's great!