Sunday, June 14, 2009

Friends...

With everything my family has been going through lately, I can not help but feel all alone. My husband and I sometimes even feel like we don't have anyone but each other.
After our own personal freak outs (we are all entitled) we sit there and realize how much of a strong support system we both have. We both have very, very loving and concerned mothers and worried, supportive fathers. My husband is lucky to have several friends with children who are able to sympathize with him.
For me, it's the Internet. I would be lost without the friends I have made on my computer. They are like a special second family to me.
I remember when I became pregnant with Connor back in 2007 and my sister telling me I had to check out this site called WTE and buy the WTE book. I bought the book and hesitated to go on the Internet. Honestly, I was and still am to a degree very reserved and not willing to share private things like having a baby on the net. HA! My decision to join WTE in mid 2007 was probably by far one of the best things I have done. Most woman there did not know me when I was pregnant because I had chosen not really to post much. After Connor was born, I realized one thing: no matter what our differences are we have the most important thing in common, we are all MOMMIES!
These woman are my friends now. I feel as though I can say just about anything to quite a few of them. I wish I could fly to every state that I have a mommy friend in and give them a big hug and thank them from the bottom of my heart for all of their love and support while my family goes through the beginning stages of what seems like will be a VERY LONG JOURNEY.
As frustrating and so very sad everything I am going through with Connor is for me, my friends make it so much easier. Talking (or in this case writing) about our experiences helps me deal with it and makes things that much easier.
I wish I could find something like this for Eric. He needs all the support he can get as well but I think he just prefers to talk to me, his family and close personal friends. We all deal in our own way.
I forgot to mention someone. When I talk about my mom being there for me, there is one more person there as well, my sister, MICHELE. I love you Michele! I have the best family a girl could ask for.

7 comments:

doulamomma said...

I am copy and pasting from FB:)

Sarah, you are an amazing woman, mother and wife. I wish that we (ALL of us) could get together and spend time with each other and see all of the wonderful, beautiful women we have come to know and love the past two years. We are here for you and will always be here for you as you continue your journey as Connor's mom.

April said...

you're a wonderful mommy and you're doing an amazing job in the face of adversity. i'm glad you found us too. (((BIG HUGS)))

QueenCrazyMum said...

I remember when you came forward. I (we) am (are) so glad you took that chance. I have yet to meet a March Mama and hope to this summer. It's so neat to see the photos when they do meet up. It probably sounds silly to some people..to become "friends" this way but all of us March Mommies know how supportive even an online "friend" can be. Maybe even easier than talking to someone you have to see face to face. It would be in phenominal if Amy's idea could be a reality. I feel as if we all know each other but sometimes you wanna giver a hug (like now) and that's tough over the net. I am so releived to hear you have a "live" support system. Take Care~ Heather

SeekerofGrace said...

I agree - all of my March Mommies are wonderful and an unending source of support, encouragement, and group hugs when tears are needed. I could do without any of you.

On that note, Sarah, we are all here for you and praying for you and Eric on this journey with Conner. You have a beautiful family and a perfect son.

***Hugs*** Desiree

Gwen Sirmans said...

Sarah-
I left a comment on your post below along with my email address.

The Turkstra's said...

Sarah- I am so glad you decided way back in 2007 to join us! Little did we know how close we all could become! Sending Hugs and prayers yyour way!

randbwatkins said...

aww sarah i know you wrote this awhile ago but BIG hugs too you!!!