Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Soon to be a New Year...

,I must say that I am somewhat glad to see 2009 leave and excited to see what 2010 brings us. 2009 brought my family many challenges from finding out our son has a chromosome deletion and translocation, to the scary thought of him having a horrible and fatal disease to finding out he has an underdeveloped brain. This year has also brought me many hugs and kisses from a wonderful husband and son. I must say that this year has made me a much stronger and more responsible person and has taught me patience and how to hide my feelings very well.
It has brought out my jealous side and has also brought out my lovable and happy side. I will always remember 2009 as being the year we were scared to death of Leukodystrophy and I will never forget the doctor who told us that Connor had that disease. That was the worst three weeks of my life. Finding out he did not have that disease was by far the happiest day of this past year. It honestly makes Connor's issues seem like nothing. The fact is, Connor is here, healthy and happy. It does not matter how many tests, therapies and headache we go through on a daily basis. We do it for him and will continue to do this as long as need be.
Lets hope 2010 brings us good luck and hope. I am hoping for some genius to come along and create some sort of a chromosome replacement for all of those people out there in the same boat as us.

2 comments:

The Turkstra's said...

I will be praying that you guys a blessed with a healthy and happy 2010! Thank you for being part of my life this 2009 year you are a great inspiration!!

SeekerofGrace said...

I'm glad 2009 is over, aren't you? Like Sarah said, I'm glad you are a part of my life. Many blessings to you in 2010! May it be a better year for all of us! :)