Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new year, a new virus

It seems as though Connor and I are trapped in virus land. As soon as one of us gets better, boom, one of us is sick again and quickly passes it on. Some how Eric has managed to stay virus free.
This one is a bad one. Connor has had a bad poopy virus for almost a week now. The doctor wants us to come back if his bodily functions are not under control by Friday. My son has NEVER had a diaper rash and well, we now have our first. I wish I could get one instead of him. He is miserable, crying and uncomfortable. Lets hope this virus ends the trend of virus passing. I too have this poopy virus and it SUCKS.

4 comments:

Mama2Monkeys said...

for diaper rash we do a layer of diaper cream and then a layer of vasceline with cocoa butter around it , it helps soothe bigtime

hope you all get better soon

The Turkstra's said...

I hope you guys can get away from this soon! I now swear by corn startch for diaper rashes when Hunters sick. I but 1/2 in the bath tub and cover him at each diaper change. Your in my prayers!

The Turkstra's said...

Oh sorry! Its 1/2 cup cornstratch in the bath. When I but it on at diaper changes I just shake it right on, maybe find an un-used salt shaker or an old baby powder container.
Sorry I had to reply this way no facebook at work!
Corn Startch worked better for us then anything the doctor perscribed. Even when his bum was bleeding.
Last time Hunter had the runs the doctor suggested to have him drink more OJ and not so much milk(this was before we knew he was allergic) Milk I guess is harder to digest with an upset tummy. I thought the OJ would burn and make it worse but it did help. If Connor can keep it down do lots of bread,pasta, potatos (startchy things)even adding gerber oatmeal ceral to applescause or just doing it plain will help.

The Flight of the Moody Family said...

Oh, Sarah, thank you so much. Connor is also allergic to milk and we have cut out soy and almond milk for now until the runs are all gone. I am going to get some applesauce this morning and cornstarch.
thanks again.