Monday, June 7, 2010

Time to bring them down....

It is finally time for Connor to have surgery on his little testicles. Connor has seen a urologist a few times now and we all hoped that once Connor started walking, gravity would do its job and they would come down on their own.  No such luck this time.  In fact, the left testicle has gotten higher than the last time the doctor checked.
He will be having both brought down on June 21.  It should be a very simple procedure lasting no more than two hours.  He will be able to go home later the same day.   I am not so nervous about the surgery itself but more so about the anesthesia.  I was a nervous wreck last year during his MRI so I am sure this will be no different.
There are a few good things about getting this down while he is so young...
1.  He wont remember this when he is older.
2.  Connor should recover within several days to a week.
3.  He will be showered with love and I am sure presents.
Eric and I had the time off from work already to celebrate my birthday so instead of doing that this year, we will be using the time off to celebrate Connor having testicles in the right place.

1 comment:

The Turkstra's said...

Let me know if there is anything besides praying that I can do for you guys!