Monday, May 4, 2009

My busy life

So, I am now realizing that I have absolutely NO FREE TIME.  I drive either myself or the hubs to work everyday (we have one car and I need it to run errands), I clean, cook, shop and take care of the lad.  Eric offers to take the car to work so I can rest but, I end up cleaning instead.  Each day off I have is over come by errands, therapy, swim lessons, cooking and the list can go on.  My job as a mommy is great but I need a break.  Someone give me one hour PLEASE! 
 I was able to escape last week and run to the drugstore alone.  I found myself wandering down every isle utilizing each minute of my time to myself.  It was wonderful.

2 comments:

PunkRockChic said...

Hi! I came across your blog thru my SIL's blog (www.eddiesmommy.blogspot.com).

I'm a SAHM and I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! My hubby and I just had this conversation last night. While I absolutely adore my son, sometimes mommy needs a break. My hubby's idea of giving me a break is letting me take a long shower (ha!). I took my sweet old time at the grocery store recently. It was bliss!

Meredith Bauerkemper said...

I do that too, when I get the chance to go alone. I also get a cookie from the bakery and a coke to drink while I meander... not healthy, but its good!