Saturday, May 9, 2009

Get the milk OUT...

We just came to find that Connor is sensitive to cow's milk.  We did not expect this to happen considering he has been drinking milk fine for five weeks now.  
It started a few days ago when Connor kept me up for two nights straight ALL NIGHT (and I do mean ALL NIGHT).  Finally, on Thursday, he began vomiting.  I noticed a pattern immediately.  It was always with in 15 minutes of drinking milk.  I honestly never knew so much vomit could possibly come out of a 22 pound human being.  I phoned the doctor and she told me to get lactaid.  I did and that lasted a whole five minutes before it came back up again.
We are now on Soy Milk and so far so good.  The doctor said if he has a reaction, we will be seeing it with in two weeks.  Lets hope soy is a go.

1 comment:

The Turkstra's said...

Oh no! Hopefully the soy stays down. I couldn't have milk when I was little either but it wore off after 3rd grade or so! Fruit Loops and orange Juice are the best!