Sunday, November 21, 2010

30 days of waiting...

Apparently we have 30 days until we here if Con will get disability or not.
Our fingers are crossed but our hopes are not up.
Con had his mental eval through the state for SSI purposes on Friday.  It was a long wait and Connor was such a perfect boy.  He amazes me with his patience and listening skills.
Once we were in the office, I was asked what seemed like hundreds of questions regarding Connor's capabilities.  Can he do this does he do that, blah, blah, blah.  The doctor then brought out some pictures for Connor to identify.  He got the first set RIGHT.  I was so proud but nervous because we are trying to get something he deserves through the state and they are very unreasonable sometimes.  He then brought out a picture with four fruits.  All of which I know Con knows.  He didn't even scan the page. He got them all wrong.  I am not sure why he didn't even try.  Then, out came this GIANT chart of colors.  Connor has no clue what colors are what.  He failed that one as well.
We were told that we should receive a letter from the state in 30 days.  Not sure if this means we will have another test in 30 or our answer will be coming in 30.  We shall see.

Did you know a 2 1/2 year old should be able to at least attempt to pour themselves a glass of tap water?  INSANE.  I had no clue when the doctor asked me if he could do that.

3 comments:

The Bauer Family of 4 said...

What about the tap water? That is odd. Sorry you still have to wait, but I am glad that you are getting your tests!!

katherinemary said...

I am hoping that since Connor knew the first sheet of pictures, maybe that will give them hope that the money spent on him will be worth it - proving that he IS able to learn. Good luck and let us know the results.

SeekerofGrace said...

I hope the 30 days goes quickly and he is approved for everything.

That's odd about the water. I would never let Alex pour from a pitcher. He does like to get water from the fridge door but I discourage it because there's usually mess involved. I'm wondering when it's bad for them to use sippy cups... we are about 50-50 with sippies vs drinking from a no-lid cup, but I just can't stand the spills, so we still use sippies for the drink he carries with him.